Types Of Driving License In India | Hey Freinds, are you searching to know the types of driving license in India on the web? so what you got? Not proper information right?
Well, I know that, because there is not enough information on the internet about all the classes of driving licence in India.
So that is why, in this article, we are giving all the possible information about the types of driving license that is available in India.
Here I am going to talk about the categories of driving licence in India in a very comprehensive manner.
So do not go anywhere, and read this full article. After reading this article, we promise you will not forget this information bonanza about the driving license in India.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS WONDERFUL eBOOK
So shall we start? here we go.
Read This Also: Driving License Has Expired? Check How To Renew It?
How Many Types Of Driving Licence Are There In India?
There are generally four types of driving licenses in India.
- Learner’s Driving License
- Permanent Driving License
- Commercial Driving License
- International Driving License
Now we will discuss all of these licenses. first of all, you must understand that types of driving license and types of vehicles are two different things.
Because there are a lot of people who mix them up.
Let’s take an example, let’s say that you are an owner of An Activa (A Scooter – Two-Wheeler), but on the other hand you are also learning to drive your new Mercedes Benz (A Car – Four Wheeler).
Now here, you must apply for two kinds of driving licenses. firstly if you are an owner of a scooter, then you will apply for a permanent driving license, and at the same time you are learning to drive a car then you have to apply for a learner’s license.
Have you ever heard of a Conductor License or a Tractor License? these also belong to one of the driving license types.
This proves that, whatever driver’s license you apply for, you have to apply according to your vehicle. it means the license category depends on what type of vehicle you have.
Let’s know a little more about them…
Different Types of Driving licence in India
#1. Learner’s Driving License:
- The Learner’s License or Learning License is issued to someone by the Government of India only when he or she is learning to drive any vehicle on the roads of India.
- Whether you have a Luna/Moped or you have a Mini Bus, if you are learning to drive any of them, you must carry a learning license with you.
- The Learner’s License legality time is about six months according to the different-different states.
Do Not Miss These:
#2. Permanent Driving License:
- The Permanent License is issued to someone by the Indian government only when he or she can drive any vehicle (Gear Or Non-Gear) having a piece of proper knowledge about roads and traffic signs.
- For obtaining a permanent DL in India, you need to be at least 18 years old. before 18, you cannot have any license except the learner’s license for non-gear vehicles.
- Apart from that, this license is only given by the authorities when you pass the Driving License Test conducted by the RTO (regional transport office)
- Do you believe that you can drive a vehicle without violating the MV Rules? if you nodded yes, you are welcomed to give a DL exam and possess a permanent driving license.
- The permanent driving license expires after 10-15 years. but before expiring you have to renew your DL to not facing any difficulties from the Traffic Cops.
#3. Commercial Driving License:
- This type of driving license is issued to only those individuals who possess any kind of heavy commercial vehicle that can carry a huge amount of goods or people.
- The eligibility for having this license may vary from state to state in India. It totally depends on your city’s RTO. only they can decide whether convey this license to you or not.
- Well, obtaining this license in India is not an easy thing. There are so many rules and ordinances to get a commercial driving license.
- Firstly, the authority properly checks your health before issuing this driving licence to yo.
- Then you must have completed your education till the 8th standard for obtaining a commercial license.
- By the way, the age factor for this license is different in various states in India.
International Driving License:
- Basically, the international driving license or you can say an international driving permit is obtained by somebody only to run a vehicle in any foreign country.
- It means, if you wish to run a vehicle in any other country other than India, you can simply do that by having an international driving license.
- Before applying for an international driving license you must have a valid permanent driving license in India.
- The validity period of this type of license lasts for 12 months (1 year). once this expiry date will over, you have to apply for an international driving license again.
This is for you: How to get an international driving license in India
So these are the total of four types of driving license or categories of driving licence in India.
Categories Of Vehicles In India
Well, there are several categories of vehicles in India. so before introducing them, we would like to clear some confusion about them.
In India, some people say these are the categories of licenses and some people say these are the categories of vehicles.
There is so much confusion. so because of this, people are failing in the RTO exams. So that’s why it most important thing to have a piece of proper knowledge about the categories.
Look, according to the PARIVAHAN (The Official Site Of Road And Transport Regulatory), these are categories that should be considered as categories of vehicles.
That is the reason they termed them as COV (Class Of Vehicle).
So if you preparing for your RTO exam, you should consider them as vehicle categories.
Hope you are getting it. now let’s know about them.
Types Of Driving License In India | Classes Of Driving Licence
|SR. No.||COV (Class Of Vehicle)||Description||Vehicles|
|#1.||MC 50 CC [Motor-Cycle 50 CC]||The Motorcycles That Feature Engine Capacity Of 50 CC Or Less.||Luna, Moped, M80|
|#2.||MC EX 50 CC [Motor-Cycle More Than 50 CC]||The Light Motor Vehicles, Motorcycles, And Cars.||Hero Splendor, Suzuki Swift, Honda Activa.|
|#3.||MCWOG [Motor-Cycle Without Gear]||The Motorcycles That Does Not Feature A Gearbox Facility.||Honda Activa, Access 125, Scooty Pep+.|
|#4.||MCWG [Motor-Cycle With Gear]||The Motorcycles That Feature A Gearbox Facility.||Bajaj Pulsar, Royal Enfield Bullet, Honda CB Shine.|
|#5.||LMV-NT [Light Motor Vehicle-Non Transport]||These Vehicles Are Allowed To Nothing But Personal Use Only.||Honda Accord, BMW, Jaguar|
|#6.||LMV-TR [Light Motor Vehicle-Transport]||These Vehicles Are Allowed To Commercial Transportation And Carry Light Goods And Travels.||Tata Ace Gold, Maruti Suzuki Super Carry, Mahindra Jeeto.|
|#7.||LMV-INVCRG-NT [Light Motor Vehicle-Invalid Carriage-Non Transport||These Vehicles Are Only Allowed To Handicapped Citizens For Their Personal Use.||Scooters For Handicapped|
|#8.||HMV-TR [Heavy Motor Vehicles-Transport]||These Vehicles Are Allowed To Commercial Transportation And Carry Heavy Goods And Travels.||—|
|#9.||HMV-NT [Heavy Motor Vehicles- Non-Transport]||These Vehicles Are Allowed To Nothing But Personal Use Only.||—|
Well, there is plenty of classes of vehicles that exist in India. you can see them on the backside of your permanent driving license.
We hope you got all the points.
How To Apply For Driving License Online In India?
Getting a driving license in India is a very easy and simple task provided you can drive a vehicle safely without breaking the rules and having proper knowledge of roads.
These are Three Stages for obtaining a driving license in India.
- Fill An Driving License Online Form
- Pay The Driving License Fees Online
- Book An Appointment For Driving License Test
To apply for a driving licence in India, you have got to follow the below steps.
- Visit The Sarathi’s Site
- Select Your State And Your City
- Read All The Instructions If You Want
- Fill The Online Application Form For Driving Licence
- Submit The Form
- Now Select The Fee Payment Option
- Pay The Legit Fee For Your Driving License
- After That, Book An Appointment For The Driving License Test
- Be Present On Your Driving License Exam Date
So these were the steps for applying for a driving license in India.
See these quick steps below, you will get to know all the three stages in a step-by-step process.
1. Fill An Application For Driving Licence In India Online
- Open Sarathi’s WebSite.
- Select Your Proper State
- Click On The Apply Driving License Button From The Homepage.
- Enter Your Mobile Number In Order To Get A OTP, And Then Enter The Correct OTP.
- Read All The Instructions, And Move Further By Clicking On The CONTINUE Button.
- Provide Your LL Number And Your Date Of Birth. And Simply Click On The OK Button.
- Now Recheck Your Own Details And Your LL Details On Your Application Form.
- Select Your Class Of Vehicle And Click On CONFIRM Button
- Recheck Your Acknowledgement And Take A Printout Of This Document.
Complete Procedure Is Here: Driving License Online Apply
2. Online Payment For Driving License
- Open Sarathi’ Site
- Select Your State
- Click On The Fee Payments Button From The Homepage
- Enter Your Application Number, And Date Of Birth In The Respective Boxes
- Now Click On The Calculate Fees Button
- See Your Real Cost Of Driving License In The Table
- Select Bank/Gateway Option And Solve The Captcha Code
- Now Click On PAY NOW Button
- After That, Confirm The Transaction Details And Click On Proceed To Payment Button
- Now Pay The Fees Correctly
- Now Take A Printout Of The Payment Acknowledgment
Complete Process Is Here: Pay Your DL (Driving Licence) Fees Online
3. Slot Booking For Driving License Online
- Open Sarathi’s Site
- Now select the State
- Click On The Appointments Button From The Homepage
- Now Select Application Number Option
- Now Enter Your Application Number, Date Of Birth, And The Verification Code
- Check All The Details And Tick On The COV (Class Of Vehicle) Option.
- Click On The Proceed To Book Button
- Now Select The Best Suitable Date For The Driving License Test
- Now Enter The Security Code From You Registered Mobile Number
- After That, Click On The Confirm To Slot Book Button
- Now Take A Printout Of Your Slots Receipt
Complete Process Is Here: Slot Booking For Driving Licence Online
Is Activa a MCWG?
What is LMV?
Is Driver’s Licence Type And Category Are Necessary To Know?
This is Interesting: Get A Learning License Online Easily
CONCLUSION | Types Of Driving License In India
In this article, we have discussed the topic named types of driving license in India. and along with it, we shared some of the basic classes of vehicles that exist in India.
Plus we told you how to apply for a driving license in India. So we hope you got all the answers related to driving licenses in this helpful article.
If you still have some questions related to any class of driving licence, do not hesitate to contact us.
Or you can simply comment down below this article.
Now, I am asking for something : ) are you giving it to me?
I am just asking you to share this article with your colleagues, friends, your loved ones. We believe that this article will help them too.
So if you or anyone else preparing for the driving license test, you should share this article with them.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS WONDERFUL eBOOK
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS ARTICLE
More like these:
- Driving License In India | The Best Guide To Get A DL Online In 2021
- How To Apply Online For Driving License In Maharashtra 2021
- Traffic Signs In India | The Indian Road Safety Signs 2021
- Learning License Fees: LL Fee Payment Online 2021
- Easy Way To Apply For Learning License Online 2021
- Driving Licence Renewal Fees | How To Pay DL Renewal Fees Online In 2020?
- These 3 Simple Documents Required For Learning Driving License
- Renewal Of Drivers License Online | Drivers License Renewal 2021
- Secure Method Of Learning License Slot Booking Online 2021
- Driving License Slot Booking: DL Slot Booking Online 2021- Easy