Apply For Learning License In South Africa in very easy steps. Learners License South Africa Or Learners Licence In South Africa can be obtained by anyone who knows the driving.
Are you a citizen of South Africa, or are you a foreigner who is looking to stay and drive on the roads of South Africa? Well, if you nodded yes to one of these questions, then can you tell me How To Apply For Learning License In South Africa?
If you don’t know, do not worry! You are at the very right place to know the answer.
In this article, I am going to show you the easiest way to apply for a Learners License in South Africa.
Even if you are not from South Africa, but looking forward to moving into the country, this article can be very useful for you.
Stay with me till the last word of this informative article, and I will show you the step-by-step process of getting a Learning Licence in South Africa.
How To Get A Learning License In South Africa?
You must know the basics before going further.
About Learning License In South Africa
Just like the other countries in the world, in South Africa also you have to apply for a learning license before applying for a driving license.
You must be wondering what is the difference between a learning license and a driving license.
Well, a learning license can be obtained by anyone who has at least a basic knowledge about how the transport system works and how to drive a vehicle on the roads of South African cities.
If one does not know any of the driving knowledge, he will be disallowed to hold a learning license, and ultimately he will not be able to get a driving license in South Africa.
So before granting a driving license or learning license, you should learn about how to drive a vehicle and the road signs, symbols, etc.
If you have a fair knowledge about this, you are ready to hold a learning license in South Africa.
Important: Even if you hold a learning licence in South Africa, you must have an already valid licensed person with you who can be supervising your driving on the roads of South Africa.
ALSO READ: Apply Online For Driving License In USA
Types Of Learning License In South Africa
In South Africa, you will be allowed to hold these types of learning licenses.
CODE 1 Learning License South Africa:
- To apply for this licence, you must be at least 16 years or older.
- You can apply for the CODE 1 if you have a motorcycle (with or without a sidecar).
- If your age is 16 years, your vehicle engine should not exceed the limit of 125 CC.
- If your vehicle engine exceeds the limit of 125 CC, you can still hold this license but you must be older than 18 years.
CODE 2 Learning Licence In South Africa:
- To obtain this license, your age should be at least 17 years or older.
- CODE 2 learning license can be obtained for the Motor Vehicles including an LMV, a Goods Vehicle, or even a Minibus.
- But you must make sure that the overall gross mass of your vehicle should not exceed the limit of 3500 KG.
CODE 3 Learners Licence In South Africa:
- To hold this license in South Africa, you must be at least 18 years or older.
- The CODE 3 learning license can be obtained for much heavier vehicles.
- If your motor vehicle’s gross mass exceeds the limit of 500 KG, you can easily apply for this learning license.
How To Obtain A Learning License In South Africa?
- Firstly visit your local DLTC (Driving License Test Center). Here at this office, you have to make an appointment for a simple test.
- Once you visit the center, you have to fill out an online application for the learning license you want.
- Then, you need to submit all of your required documents along with your learning license application.
- Now you will be sent to take an EYE Test by the licensing authority. Don’t worry! all the qualified doctors will check your eyesight.
- After this, you have to wait for some moments. If all goes well, finally, you can make an appointment for the learning license test according to your schedule.
- You can also make an appointment online at the eNATIS website.
- Make sure you have received the booking receipts as they will be needed at the test date.
- Now, hit the center at the Driving License Test Center on the appointment date to take a learning license test.
- If you pass the test, you will be given the learning license that you requested on the very same day.
- Now you will be able to apply for the Driving License in South Africa.
Documents Required For Learners License South Africa
You will need these simple documents.
- Your ID Proof (4-5 Photocopies Minimum)
- Your Age Proof (2 Photocopies Minimum along with the Original)
- Your Address Proof (Postal And Residential Address Proof)
- Learning License Application
- A Booking Fees
Note: You can submit your utility bill as postal and residential address proof.
The Online Application For Learners License South Africa
If you don’t know how to apply online for a learning license in South Africa, follow the below steps.
- Visit The NaTIS (National Traffic Information System) website.
- On the main menu bar, you can see an option called Online Services. Click on this option.
- Now you must click on the Book Now For Learners Licence Test option.
- Choose the best date suitable for you for the test.
- Complete the full application form (Name, Number, Address, etc)
- Finally, Submit The Application, And Download The Receipt.
If you find it difficult to book a test online, you can directly visit the DLTC for the booking.
What Should I Learn Before The Learners License South Africa?
Before presenting to the test at DLTC, you must learn some basic things to pass the test.
- Learn about how the traffic system works in South Africa.
- Read and learn, or at least have basic knowledge about all of the road signs/symbols and their functions.
- It’s crucial to learn about how should the vehicle be driven on the South African Roads.
- It is also important to know about the fines imposed on drivers for breaking the rules.
Note: Take it easy, the learners license test in South Africa is not a very big deal. It can be passed very easily. just learn a few basic things.
How Much Does A Learners Licence Cost In South Africa?
It depends on the various states of South Africa. But there are no major differences in fees. The basic fee you will need to pay is R110 for the booking and R60 for license issuance.
It also depends on which type of license you are applying for. But roughly saying, you will not need more than R250 to Get An Learners License In South Africa.
Can I get my learners at 16 in South Africa?
Well, technically, Yes! You can get a learning license in South Africa even if you are 16 years old. But there is a condition!
As I have talked about it in the above sections of this article, you can only apply for a motorcycle with an engine not exceeding the limit of 125 CC. That.s it.
So, if you think you fit in this category, go get a new learning license for yourself.
2 thoughts on “Easy Way To Apply For Learning License In South Africa 2022”