International Driving License Online In India
Hello There, Are you a student who got a golden opportunity to study abroad? Or are you a business person who needs to travel out of the country for a few years etc?
Well, congratulations on that. But have you thought about how will travel in those countries other than public transport?
If you have arranged a bike or a car in that country, well and good! but what about a driving license?
Yes, you will have to apply for an International License before you leave this country.
You will need an International Driving Permit to safely and securely drive any vehicle you want in other countries.
So, in this article, I will be showing you the easy and exact way of how you can apply for an international driving license online in India.
So stay tuned!
FULL PROCESS: How To Apply For Driving License Online
Online International Driving Licence Procedure
There are two methods of how you can get an IDL in India.
- Offline Metod
- Online Method
I have already written an article on the offline method of getting an IDP. Click the below article to know the full process.
Here, in this article, I am about to show you how to apply for an international driving license online in India.
But before that, let me show you some other information regarding the international driver’s permit
IDP FULL FORM & IDL FULL FORM
IDP stands for International Driver’s Permit. On the other hand, IDL stands for International Driver’s Licence.
IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IDP AND IDL?
There is literally no difference between these two terms. The only difference you can say is their Names.
Actually, in some states, it is called an IDP, and in other states, this license is considered an IDL.
Both names are technically correct. So if you were confused about these two terms, now you are much clear about them.
ADVANTAGES OF HAVING AN INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
1. It certifies you to drive in any foreign country you want. The IDL is accepted as proof of your driving ability. Plus, this document confirms that you have a valid permanent driving license in your home country as well.
2. If you will have an IDP, you will not need to take any additional driving tests in the countries you are visiting. So leave the worry of RTO driving tests.
3. If you want to rent a car, you can easily do that if you obtain an international driving licence.
4. The IDP can also be used as an identity proof in the home country as well as the foreign country.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO GET INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE ONLINE IN INDIA
There are several documents you will need to upload while applying online for the IDP. so before starting this procedure you need to collect all these documents.
In Online Procedure, you will need only THREE TYPES OF DOCUMENTS.
YOUR VALID VISA
- Take A Photo Of Your Visa, Compress And Resize The Image, And Then Upload It Online.
YOUR VALID PASSPORT
- Take A Phot Of Your Passport, Compress And Resize The Image, And Then Upload It Online.
YOUR VALID PERMANENT DRIVING LICENSE
- Take A Photo Of Your Permanent Driving License, Compress And Resize The Image, And Then Upload It Online.
Remember, these documents are compulsory to upload online. So make sure you arrange for them to obtain an IDP.
If you will not have any of these, I am afraid you will not be able to apply online for the IDL in India.
Now I know, what you are thinking!
“What? only three documents? Aaah! This guy must be fooling me around.”
Hey, I am not fooling anyone around here. Read closely! I have already said in the above section that: in ONLINE PROCEDURE you will need only three documents.
But when you finish all the online stuff, you will definitely need more documents to submit in the RTO.
Only after that, you will Get International Driving Licence in India.
Do you want to know which documents you will need to submit in the RTO after completing the online procedure?
Here is the list:
- Form 4A (Online Application Form)
- Form 1A – Medical Certificate (Signed And Stamped By The Authorized Docttor)
- A Copy Of Your Permanent Driving License-
- A Copy Of Your Address Proof
- Proof Of Your Indian Citizenship
- A Copy Of Your Visa
- A Copy Of Your Flight Ticket (In Some Cases)
- A Copy Of Your Valid Passport
- Adhaar Card (Optional)
- Pan Card (Optional)
- 2-5 Passport Size Photos
You will need these documents to submit in the RTO.
Now, without talking much, let me show you the main topic here.
Let’s know how to apply for international driver’s permit online in India.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE ONLINE IN INDIA
- Search For Parivahan.Gov.In
- Click On The Drivers/Learners License Button
- Select Your State
- Redirection To Sarathi Parivahan Sewa
- Click On The ‘Apply For International Driving Permit’ Button
- Read The Instructions Before Applying For The IDP Service On Sarathi
- Enter Your Driving License Number And The Date Of Birth
- See Your Driving License Details
- Select Your RTO And Click On The PROCEED Button
- Update Your Mobile Number And Verify Your Address
- Tick The Box Of International Driving Permit Option
- Provide All The Crucial Details To Get International Driving License In India
- Submit The Self Declaration Form (FORM 1)
- Tick The Declaration Box And Enter The CAPTCHA Code
- Download Or Print The Acknowleedgement!
These were the quick steps to the procedure. If you have a little bit of time, you should read the below section.
THESE ARTICLES ARE WRITTEN JUST FOR YOU
Follow this step-by-step procedure. You will just need a device like a laptop or a computer. If you don’t have any, you can use your phone too.
Now here is the process.
1. SEARCH FOR PARIVAHAN.GOV.IN
In the beginning, open any browser and search for the Parivahan Website. This website is officially run under the surveillance of the Government Of India.
You can directly visit the site form here: PARIVAHAN
2. CLICK ON THE DRIVERS/LEARNERS LICENSE BUTTON
On the homepage of the parivahan website, you will see various types of sections. So do not get confused, and click on the Drivers/Learners License Button.
See the below image if you are not able to find the button on the website.
3. SELECT YOUR STATE
After that, you will just have to select your state. As shown in the image, choose your state.
Note: Do not even try to misguide the website by selecting the wrong state, your IDP application will not be accepted if you are found to do so.
4. REDIRECTION TO SARATHI PARIVAHAN SEWA
Once you select your state, do nothing. Because the system will automatically redirect you to the official portal named sarathi parivahan sewa.
This is the site where you need to do all the work to apply for an international driving licence in India.
Visit The Sarathi directly from here: SARATHI
5. CLICK ON APPLY FOR ‘INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT’ BUTTON
On the homepage of sarathi, you will be able to so many animated buttons. From these buttons, you will simply click on the IDP button.
If it is hard to find the button, see the below image.
Okay. Found the button? Just click on it now.
6. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE IDP SERVICE ON SARATHI
Now, on the next page, you will be shown the proper instructions to apply for any service that sarathi parivahan sewa provides you.
Actually, sarathi has a total of 18 main Driving License Related Services that you can apply for.
Applying online for the International Driving License is one of those 18 services. I hope you are understanding it well.
If this is going as a bouncer. just skip it and follow the process:)
Simply click on the CONTINUE button.
7. ENTER YOUR DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH
Now two boxes will appear on your screen. You will just need to do as those boxes say. Simply enter your DL number and your date of birth in the respective boxes.
And click on the GET DL DETAILS button.
8. SEE YOUR DRIVING LICENCE DETAILS.
After you click on the button, the sarathi parivahan sewa will show you all driving license data.
- Your Name
- Father’s Name
- Your Photo And Signature
- Your RTO
- The Classes Of Vehicles
- The Validity Period Of Your DL
So now, scroll down the page, confirm all the details by Selecting The YES option.
9. SELECT YOUR RTO AND CLICK ON THE PROCEED BUTTON
Now, as the below image shows, you will need to select your RTO. I am doing this process in the PUNE, MAHARASHTRA. That is why I am selecting the MH12 PUNE RTO here.
You select yours.
After selecting the RTO, see the bottom of the page. There will be a button named PROCEED. so click on that button.
10. UPDATE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER AND VERIFY YOUR ADDRESS
After that, Again, you will be shown your DL details.
So, scroll down the page a little. You will see a box named MOBILE NUMBER. Simply enter your active mobile number in the box. See the image for help.
And then, enter your address details carefully. If you do not want to edit your address, simply leave it as it is.
Finally, click on the CONFIRM button.
11. TICK THE BOX OF INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT OPTION
On the next page, you will be shown all the services that your permanent driving licence is eligible for.
So observe the below image, and tick the box of the IDP option.
Once you tick the correct box, you will need to click on the PROCEED button.
12. PROVIDE ALL THE CRUCIAL DETAILS TO GET INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE IN INDIA
Now, here comes the main part. you must enter some important details to complete this online application of IDL.
You will provide your,
- Birth Place
- Birth Country
- Valid Passport Number
- Passport Validity Date
- Previous Disqualification Details (If any, otherwise click on the NO option).
- Previous Country Details That May Have Barred You (If any, Otherwise click on the NO option).
- Country For Which Visa Is Granted
- Valid Vis Number
- Visa Validity Date
- Classes Of Vehicles For Which The IDP is Requested
If you are finding it difficult to fill in all the detail, see the below image and you will be able to enter your details too.
Once you do all the stuff on this page, finally, click on the CONFIRM button.
Note: before confirming it, do not forget to recheck all the data that you have put in the application. Otherwise, your application may get rejected.
13. SUBMIT THE SELF DECLARATION FORM (FORM 1)
Now on the same page, you will need to fill the self-declaration form as to Physical Fitness Details.
Just click on the button; a new window will be open, tick the correct option and click on the SUBMIT button.
Finally, close that new window. AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
Now move further…
14. TICK THE DECLARATION BOX AND ENTER THE CAPTCHA CODE
At last, simply tick the following boxes as the below image is showing you. And then do not forget to Enter The CAPTCHA code in the box.
Once done, Finally, click on the SUBMIT button.
15. DOWNLOAD THE ACKOWNLEDGEMENT
This is the very last step because one of the stages of online application for the international driving license is completed.
This page will appear on your screen. this is your acknowledgment.
So do not forget to download it or print this slip.
This stage is completed now.
Now do not consider it as you have completed the full process. Another two stages are left yet.
To fully complete the process to get international driving permit online, you must upload your document and pay your fees too.
I hope you understand.
But for now, you have completed the first stage.
The second, and the Third ones are
- UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
- PAY THE FEES
Make sure you complete these stages.
Now let’s see some questions regarding this topic.
FAQs About the Internation Driving License Online Application
What is The International Driving Licence Validity?
The IDP renewal process can be the same or can be completely different. It varies state by state.
Are There Any Hidden Charges In The RTO While Getting An IDL?
But remember, I am talking about the RTO official, not RTO Agent. If an RTO agent asks you for money, and if he is helping you to get your new IDP, you have to give some bucks to him.
How Much Does It Cost To Get An International Driving License In Mumbai Or Pune?
If you hire an agent or a third-party person to get you an IDL, you will have to pay him also. So your cost increases this way automatically.
Will My International Driving Licence Work in Dubai?
Can An Indian Resident Drive While Holding The International Driving Permit In India?
See, If you are an Indian, and you have an International Driving License, then you must have your permanent driving license.
If you don’t have it or it is lost anywhere, you should apply for the new one. Because the IDP is literally useless if you still live in India.
Now here we come to the final part of this article.
So friends, in this article, I have shown you the exact way of how to apply for international driving license In India.
We talked about the needed documents, the full forms, the validity, the online stages, and how to fill the online application on sarathi for the IDP.
Now, to complete the process, you will need to complete more two Stages.
If you still have so many questions regarding this topic, please do not hesitate to ask me in the comments down below this article.
Or your can also contact me by clicking here, and drop your question.
I would really love to reply to your questions.
Now can I ask you for something? If you like this article, share it with your friends and colleagues, it will make my day greener 🙂
Do it for me. And I promise I will keep updating you with my content.
Also, Read My Other Article, They Will Really Help You.
THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME YOUR TIME