Driving License In India Online | Hello Folks !! Getting a new driver’s license in India is not a very big deal. Especially in 2021. You can apply online for a driving licence in India very easily and conveniently by sitting at your home.
You will just need a Laptop or a PC. or even you can use your mobile phone for it.
But before getting a driving license, we need to solve some basic questions regarding driving license in India Online.
We are sure that you must also have some question related to driving license.
questions such as,
fair age for driving license?, what are the rules for getting a driving license?, and many more.
So stick to this article for five minutes, and we promise you that you will know everything about driving license in this extremely informative article.
Here we go…
Driving License In India | The Best Guide To Get A DL Online In 2021
What is Driving License?
- A driving license is a kind of Smart Card containing your basic details such as your name, and address and a Special Generated Number that we call DL Number.
- But the most important thing that we should understand is, it is a Smart Card that is valid proof that you can drive any vehicle on the very roads of India.
- You can say that the driving license is permission from the Government that you are allowed to drive any vehicle you want on the roads.
- If you hold any type of driving licence in India, it is basically you are following the Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
What Kind Of Information Is Available On Driving License In India?
On the Indian driving license you can see several details such as,
- You Name
- Your Address
- Your Pin Code
- Your Date Of Birth
- Your Photo
- Your Signature
- A Microprocessor Chip
- The Classes Of Your Vehicles
- The Date Of Issue Of The License
- The Date Of Expiry Of The License
- The Driving License Number
- The Issuing Authority
What Are The Driving Licence Categories In India?
These are the four categories of driving licence in India. Or you can say four types of driving license.
- Learning License
- Permanent License
- Commercial Driving License [For Goods Vehciles]
- International Driving Permit
Talking about the obtaining a driving license in India, it depends on vehicle category also.
For example, if you are having a Bulldozer for your fieldwork, and on the other hand, you have a 50 CC Moped/Luna Motorcycle also.
In this situation, you need to apply for two driving license categories. As we say, it depends on the very classes of vehicles.
You may have heard of Conductor License, Bus Driver License, Commercial Vehicle License. Basically, it all belongs to one of the categories of vehicles.
You need to keep in mind that the driving license categories, and vehicle class categories are slightly different from each other.
Now we would say here, the parent categories of driving licenses are only four: Learning, Permanent, Commercial, and International.
Let’s know more better about them…
- The Learner’s License or Learning License is issued to someone by the Government only when he or she is learning to drive any vehicle.
- Whether it is a Without-Gear Motor Cycle, or a Seven Seater Sedan, if you are learning to drive that vehicle, you have got to carry a Learning License with you while driving it on the roads.
- The Learning License validity period is about to six months. (Depends On The Different States).
- The Permanent License is issued to someone by the government only when he or she can drive any vehicle properly without violating the laws.
- The eligibility for getting a permanent license in India is majorly dependent on your Age. You can get a permanent driving license only when you are 18.
- Plus you have to pass the Driving License Test conducted by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) to get it.
- If you can drive a vehicle perfectly and according to the laws, you can have a permanent driving license without any doubt.
- The permanent driving license is lasts for several years. It varies on different-different states.
#3. Commercial Driving License:
- This type of driving license is issued to only those persons who are having a heavy commercial vehicle that can carry a huge amount of goods and travel.
- The eligibility for this license can only be decided by the RTO of that particular state. If you met with the Motor Vehicle Rules, you can obtain this license.
- This is the license that can’t be obtained easily by anyone. There are many rules and regulations to get a commercial driving license.
- Firstly, your health is carefully checked by the authority before providing you this driving license.
- Then you must complete your education till the 8th standard for obtaining a commercial license.
- By the way, the age factor for this license are different in various states in India.
- Basically the international driving license is obtained only to run a vehicle in any other foreign country.
- It means, if you wish to run any vehicle in any other country that you do not belong to, you can simply do that by obtaining an international driving license.
- Before applying for an international driving license you must have a permanent driving license in India.
- The validity period of this type of license lasts for 1 year. once this expiry date will expire, you have to apply for an international driving license again.
So these was the total of of four driving license categories in India.
Driving Licence In India
Can I Get a Driving Licence At 17 In India?
- In India, you can obtain a driving license only if you are eighteen or eighteen plus. At the age of seventeen you can apply for a learning license only. and that too only for Non-Gear Motor Vehicles.
- According to the MV Rules, if you are 18+ you can drive any vehicle that features Gear-Box. Motorcycles such as Hero Splendor, Honda CB Shine, Bajaj Avenger, Royal Enfield are a few of those vehicles that you can drive.
- At the age of 17, You can only drive ‘Non-Gear Motor Cycles’ such as Suzuki Access 125, Honda Activa, Sooty Pep+, and others. And to drive these vehicles on any road in India, you need to apply for a learning license online or offline.
- So unfortunately, you can’t get the permanent driving license at 17 in India.
See This: How To Get Driving License Online
How Can I Apply For DL Offline?
- To apply for a driving license offline, you need to visit your nearest RTO (Regional Transport Office). After that just grab an application form for a driving license from there.
- Now fill-up the form properly with your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Blood Group, Qualification, etc.
- Now attach the copies of your proper documents along with the application form for the driving license. Documents like Age Proof, Address Proof, Aadhar Card, School Leaving Certificate, etc.
- Now submit this application form to the RTO officials.
- After that go to the correct guided window in the RTO and Pay your proper fees for your driving license. The fees may fluctuate in different states.
- After that make an appointment for the driving license test according to your time schedule. Carry all the papers carefully with you.
- Now, wait for your appointment date. On the appointment date, again visit the RTO, give a simple driving license test there.
- Once you will pass the test, you will receive your valid driving license at your doorstep in a few business days.
- If you are not able to receive your license, you will need to visit your post office and pick up your courier from there.
So this was the process for applying for driving license offline.
Also, you can hire an RTO agent for this work, but those RTO agents will charge you a huge for this. It’s better you do your work on your own and save some bucks.
By the way, we would suggest you apply for driving license online. it is an easier and money-saving process.
How Many Days It Will Take To Get Licence After Test?
- Well after the driving license test you will have to wait at least 7 business days for getting a driving license at your doorstep. This time span can be extended for more than 7 days if required.
- But the estimated time for getting a driving license by courier is 7 business day.
- And this is only for Maharashtra state. This time may vary in different-different states in India.
But basically, you will need to wait at least a week for getting your new driving license after passing the driving license test.
Who Issues The Driving Licence In India
The driving license in India are issued by the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) or Regional Transport Office (RTO) in various states of India.
What Is The Age To Get Driving License In India?
As we have mentioned above, for obtaining a driving licence in India, You have to be 18 or over 18. These are the rules of the government of India.
- If you wish to get a driving license for any Motor Cycle Without Gear (Non-Transport), you have to be 16 or over 16. But for this, you will get a learning driving license.
- If you wish to get a driving license for any Motor Cycle With Gear (Non-Transport), you have to be 18 or over 18. If you are, you can easily get a new driving license in India.
- If you wish to get a driving license for any Four Wheeler Commercial Vehicle (Non-Transport, and Transport Both), you have to be 18+. Plus you should have completed your education till at least 8th standard.
Can I Take Driving Licence Anywhere In India?
- Well, you can take your driving license anywhere in India, but the condition is that you should not be misusing your driving license in India.
- Do not share your driving license with another person who is not holding any license to drive a vehicle on the roads of India.
- If you are genuinely and correctly (According To The Law) using your driving license anywhere around India, you are totally allowed to do that.
For example: If you travel to any other city away from your hometown. after reaching that place, suppose you have to travel by bike by riding on your own.
so in this situation with the help of your existing driving license, you can easily drive that particular vehicle in that city without any fear of infringing the regulations.
What Is The Cost Of Driving Licence In India?
- Well, for issuing a new driving licence in India, you will be charged– 200 /- rupees only (For Motor Cycle With Gear). but these are the fees only for the application for a driving license.
- You have to pay the driving license test fees also which is– 300 /- rupees only (For Motor Cycle With Gear).
- You need to pay more fees further to completely obtain the driving license in your hand. If you ask what is the total amount of driving license fees, it is– 766 /- rupees Only.
Pay your driving license fees online: Click Here
Well this amount is for Maharashtra. The fee amount may be different from various states in India.
Can I Have 2 Driving Licenses India?
- The answer to this question is a little tricky. because some legal advisers think that you cannot carry multiple driving licenses with you, and on the other hand, there are also some legal advisors who say you can do that.
- Some say it is illegal to carry more than one driving license with you. If you found having them, you can be fined hugely by traffic officials.
- And some say, it is not illegal to have multiple driving licenses with you, but it will be only provided to you if your requirement will be met with MV Laws.
- You can have multiple driving licenses in only some rare and special circumstances, provided you are not misusing those licenses in any illegal activities.
Is Learning Licence Compulsory In India?
- Obtaining a learning license before the driving license is as compulsory as putting ‘Cheese On The Pizza’ ; ) aren’t we right?
- As we say, you can drive any vehicle you want in each and every state of India, provided you are having a dedicated driving license for that vehicle.
- But according to the Motor Vehicle Rules 1988, you must carry a learning license before to get a new driving license in India online.
How Can I Apply Online Licence in Sarathi?
To Apply For Driving License in Sarathi, you will need a phone or desktop. by the way, you can do it at your home very easily.
There are total three stages for applying for driving licence in India online.
#1. Fill And Application Form
#2. Pay The Fees For DL
#3. Book An Appointment For Driving Licence
#1. Filling An Application For Driving Licence In India Online
- Open Sarathi’s Site
- Select Your State
- Click On The Apply Driving License Button From The Homepage
- Read the instruction, and click on the CONTINUE button.
- Enter Your Learner Licence Number And Your Date Of Birth. And Just Click On The OK Button.
- Now Recheck Your Personal Details And Your LL Details on your application
- Select Your Class Of Vehicle And then click on the CONFIRM button.
- Check your acknowledgment and take a printout.
- Process Completed!!!
This is for you: How To Apply for Driving License Online in India
Check Out This Infographic Below:
#2. Paying The Fees For Driving License
- Open Sarathi’ Site
- Choose the state.
- from the homepage, click on the Fee Payments button.
- Fill in your application number as well as your date of birth in the boxes.
- Now click on the calculate fees button next to boxes.
- you will see your real fees for DL in the table.
- select the bank/gateway and then enter the correct CAPTCHA Code.
- Then click on the PAY NOW button.
- After That, read the transaction details and click on the PROCEED TO PAYMENT button.
- pay the fees by entering your payment details.
- do not forget to take a printout of your payment receipt.
- process completed!!!
This is for you: Pay Your DL Fees Online
Check Out This Infographic Below:
#3. Booking An Appointment For Driving License Online
- Open Sarathi’s Site
- Now select the State
- from the homepage, click on the APPOINTMENTS button
- Now Select Application Number Option
- Now fill in your application number as well as your date of birth in the boxes.
- Now enter the correct verification code.
- Confirm all the data, and tick on the COV option.
- Click On The Proceed To Book Button
- Now select the date and time according to you for the DL Test.
- Now fill up the security code that you have been received on your mobile number.
- After That, Click On The Confirm To Slot Book Button
- do not forget to take a printout of your slot booking receipt.
- Process completed!!!
This is interesting: Slot Booking For Driving Licence Online
Check Out This Infographic Below:
Now we hope you got all the points. Finally let’s go to our conclusion.
So, in this article, we have covered so many Important questions regarding driving license in India. we have discussed the correct age for driving license, categories of driving license, the process of getting a driver’s license in India.
As we say, we will almost everything on this topic. we hope your all the question related to driver’s license is been solved by this reading this full article.
If not, please do not hesitate to contact us. we would definitely try to include that query in the article.
Now it’s time for your feedback on this article. the comment box below this article is 24 hours open. Please do comment on your favorite part of this article.
Or if you have any query, please drop a comment below right here. we will respond you soon.
The Apply Online For Driving License’s Website is only to help the people. If you want to help us, you only have to do one thing.
Just simply spread this article to your loved ones, your friends, your colleagues, etc. this will help us build and grow a nice big community.
At the end, we would just say…
Thank You For Reading This Article
These are also intereting articles:
- Driving License Fees | Cost Of Driving License in India 2021
- Easy Documents Required For Renewal Of Driving Licence Online 2021
- Driving License Slot Booking: DL Slot Booking Online 2021- Easy
- These 3 Simple Documents Required For Learning Driving License
- Secure Method Of Learning License Slot Booking Online 2021
- Easy Way To Apply For Learning License Online 2021
Driving License In India | The Best Guide To Get A DL Online In 2021