Apply Online For Driving License In Pune
Hello Folks! Getting a new driver’s license in Pune is not a very big deal. You can easily apply online for driving license in Pune by sitting at your home.
You will just need a Laptop or a PC. or even you can use your mobile phone for it.
But before getting a driving license, you need to have some basic knowledge about the online driving license in India.
I am sure you will so have many questions in your mind about driving licence.
Don’t worry! I am going to share all my knowledge in this article.
Online Procedure Apply Online For Driving License In Pune
How Can I Get Driving Licence Online?
To get a driving license online in India, you must go through some online stages that sarathi parivahan sewa demands to do so. such as,
- Submit The Online Application At Sarathi
- Pay The Driving License Fees Online
- Slot Booking For Driving License
Here, in this article, you will get everything about these stages.
Here we go…
What is Driving License?
A driving license is a Smart Card containing your basic details such as your name, address, and a Special Generated Number that we call a DL Number. Basically, a driving license is a permission from the MoRTH (Ministry Of Road Transport And Highways) that you are allowed to drive a vehicle on the road.
Having a driving licence allows you to drive any motor vehicle you want, provided you are not misusing the license.
What Kind Of Information Is Available On Driving License In India?
- You Name
- Your Address
- Your Pin Code
- Your Date Of Birth
- Your Photo
- Your Signature
- A Microprocessor Chip
- The Classes Of Your Vehicles
- The Date Of Issue Of The License
- The Date Of Expiry Of The License
- The Driving License Number
- The Issuing Authority
On the Indian driving license, you can see all the above details.
How To Obtain Driving License In Pune?
To obtain a driving license in Pune, you need to visit the sarathi parivahan sewa and then submit the online form, pay the fees, and book an appointment for a driving skill test.
1. FILLING AN ONLINE APPLICATION FOR DRIVING LICENCE IN PUNE
- Open Sarathi’s Site: sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Select Your State
- Click On The Apply Driving License Button From The Homepage
- Read the instruction, and click on the CONTINUE button.
- Enter Your Learner Licence Number And Your Date Of Birth. And Just Click On The OK Button.
- Now Recheck Your Personal Details And Your LL Details on your application
- Select Your Class Of Vehicle And then click on the CONFIRM button.
- Check your acknowledgment and take a printout.
- Process Completed!!!
2. PAYING THE FEES FOR ONLINE DRIVING LICENSE IN PUNE
- Open Sarathi’ Site
- Choose Your State.
- On the homepage, click on the FEE PAYMENTS button.
- Fill in your application number as well as your date of birth in the boxes.
- Now click on the CALCULATE FEES button next to boxes.
- You will see your real fees for DL in the table.
- select the bank/gateway and then enter the correct CAPTCHA Code.
- Then click on the PAY NOW button.
- After That, read the transaction details and click on the PROCEED TO PAYMENT button.
- pay the fees by entering your payment details.
- Do not forget to take a printout of your payment receipt.
- Process completed!!!
FULL PROCESS: How You Can Pay Your DL Fees Online (With Screenshots).
3. BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR DRIVING LICENSE ONLINE PUNE
- Open Sarathi Parivahan Sewa
- Now select the State
- from the homepage, click on the APPOINTMENTS button
- Now Select Application Number Option
- Now fill in your application number as well as your date of birth in the boxes.
- Now enter the correct verification code.
- Confirm all the data, and tick on the COV option.
- Click On The Proceed To Book Button
- Now select the date and time according to you for the DL Test.
- Now fill up the security code that you must have received on your mobile number.
- After That, Click On The Confirm To Slot Book Button
- do not forget to take a printout of your Slot Booking Receipt.
- Process Completed!!!
Now let me show you what will be online fees for dl services.
The Fee Structure For Driving Licence In PUNE
|Sr. No.||Types Of Driving Licenses||Online Fee Amount|
|1.||Permanent Driving Licence||200 /-|
|2.||Learner’s Driving Licence||200 /-|
|3.||Renewal Of Driving License||200 /-|
|4.||International Driving License||1100 /-|
|5.||Driving Licence RTO Exam||300 /-|
|6.||Learning License Renewal||200 /-|
|7.||Issue Of Renewal Driving Licence For Driving School||10000 /-|
|8.||Issue Of Duplicate Driving License For Driving School||5000 /-|
The Table For Fees Of All The Driving Licence In India
Well, this fee structure may vary state by state. this is an estimated amount for all the DL(s) in India.
Documents Required For Online Driving License In Pune Maharashtra
If you are applying online for a driving license, you will need no documents for a driving license to upload online.
Why? Because your documents are already uploaded on the portal at the time when you applied for a learning license.
Instead, you will need to submit all the documents in the RTO. once you finish the online process, just take a printout of all the online acknowledgments. and make a bunch out of it and then submit those papers to your RTO.
AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!
Let me show you what documents you will need…
So, to get a driving license in India, you must submit the self-attested copies of these below documents.
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
- Additional Documents
1. AGE PROOF
For your age proof, you can upload any of these documents. (ANY 1)
- SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- School/Educational/Transfer Certificate
- Birth Certificate Issued By Municipality
- Payslip By Central/State Government/Local Body
- Voter ID
- LIC Policy Statement
- Photo ID Card Issued By Central/State Government
- Affidavit By Notary/Oath Commissioner
2. ADDRESS PROOF
For your address proof, you can upload any one of these documents.
- Voter Id
- Affidavit By Notary/Oath Commissioner
- Electricity Bill
- LIC Policy Statement
- BSNL/MTNL Landline Bill
ADDITIONAL DOCUEMENTS (LL, FORM 4, ETC)
- 4 Passport Size Photos
- Online Driving License Application (Form 4)
- Learning License (Original)
- Self Declaration Form (Form 1)
- Medical Certificate (Form 1)
What Are The Driving Licence Categories In India?
These are the four categories of driving licence in India. Or you can say four types of driving license.
- Learning License
- Permanent License
- Commercial Driving License [For Goods Vehicles]
- International Driving Permit
Talking about obtaining a driving license in India, it also depends on the category of the vehicle.
For example, let’s say someone has a Bulldozer for the fieldwork, and on the other hand, he also has a 50 CC Moped/Luna Motorcycle. In this situation, he will need to apply license online for two categories.
As I said before, it depends on the very classes of vehicles.
You may have heard of Conductor License, Bus Driver License, Commercial Vehicle License. Basically, it all belongs to one of the categories of vehicles.
You need to keep in mind that the driving license categories, and vehicle class categories are slightly different from each other.
Now the parent categories of driving licenses are only four: Learning, Permanent, Commercial, and International.
Let’s know better…
1. LEARNER’S DRIVING LICENSE
The Learning License is issued to someone by the Authorities only when he or she is 18+ and learning to drive any vehicle.
Whether it is a Without-Gear Motor Cycle or a Seven Seater Sedan, while you are learning to drive any vehicle on the roads you must carry a Learning License with you.
The Learning License validity period is about six months. (Depends On The Different States).
Learning License Articles:
|1.||Apply For Learning License Online|
|2.||What are The Accurate Fees For Learning License?|
|3.||Upload The Documents For Learning License Online|
|4.||Book An Appointment For Learning License Test Online|
2. PERMENANT DRIVING LICENSE
The Permanent License is issued to someone by the government only when he or she can drive any vehicle properly without violating the laws.
The eligibility for getting a permanent license in India is majorly dependent on your Age. You can get a permanent driving license only if you are 18.
Plus you have to pass the Driving License Test conducted by the Regional Transport Office (RTO) to get a driving license. If you can drive a vehicle perfectly and according to the laws, you can have a permanent driving license without any doubt.
The permanent driving license lasts for 15-20 years. It varies in different-different states.
Permanent License Articles:
|1.||Fill up The Driving License Form Online On Sarathi|
|2.||Pay The Correct Fees For Permanent Driving License|
|3.||Slot Booking For Driving License (Appointments)|
3. COMMERCIAL DRIVING LICENSE
This type of driving license is issued to only those persons who are having a heavy commercial vehicle that can carry a huge amount of goods and travel. The eligibility for this license can only be decided by the RTO of that particular state. If you met the Motor Vehicle Rules, you can obtain this license.
This is a license that can’t be obtained by anyone easily. There are many rules and regulations to get a commercial driving license in India.
Firstly, your health is carefully checked by the authority before providing you with this driving license. Plus you must complete your education by the 8th standard for obtaining a commercial license.
By the way, the age factors for this license are different in various states in India.
4. INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE
Basically, the international driving license is obtained only to run a vehicle in any other foreign country.
It means, if you wish to drive any vehicle in any other country that you don’t belong, you can simply do that by obtaining an international driving license.
Before applying for an international driving permit you must have a permanent driving license in India.
The validity period of this license lasts for 1 year. once this license expires, you have to apply for an international driving license again.
International Driving License Articles:
So that was a total of four driving license categories in India.
How Can I Get Learning Licence Online In Maharashtra?
To get a learning license in Pune, Maharashtra, you must go through an online procedure. this online procedure has four stages such as application, uploading, payment, and slot booking.
How To Renew Driving Licence Online In Pune Maharashtra?
If you do not know how to renew your driving license online, this section is only for you. Yes, you can renew your driving license online, too. you just have to follow some stages.
The stages such as:
- Fill The Online Driving License Renewal Application
- Pay The Fees Driving Licence Renewal
- Book Appointment For Driving Licence Renewal
1. FILL THE ONLINE DRIVING LICENSE RENEWAL APPLICATION IN PUNE
- Open Parivahan.
- Click On Drivers/Learners License Option
- Select Your State.
- Redirect On sarathi.parivahan.gov.in.
- Click On DL Renewal.
- Read The Instructions And Click On CONTINUE.
- Enter Your Driving Licence Details.
- Confirm All The Details, And Select All The Correct Options.
- Enter Your Mobile Number, Anc Click On CONFIRM Button.
- Select the RENEWAL OF DL option, click on the PROCEED Button.
- Provide Emergency Mobile Number And Click SUBMIT Button.
- Finally, Take a Printout of The Acknowledgement.
2. PAY THE FEES FOR ONLINE DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL IN PUNE
- Open Parivahan.
- Click On Drivers/Learners License.
- Select Your State.
- Redirect To Sarathi Parivahan Sewa Portal.
- Click On Fee Payments.
- Confirm Your Driving Licence Details.
- See Your Legit Fees.
- Select Your Payment Gateway, And Solve The Captcha.
- Read The Terms And Conditions, And Click On The Proceed To Payment Button.
- Pay The Fees Carefully.
- Once Done, Take A Printout Of Your Payment Slip Of Licence Renewal.
FULL PROCESS: How To Pay Online Driving Licence Renewal Fees
Required Documents For Driving License Renewal Online In Pune
Only Two types of documents you will need to upload for DL renewal online.
- Copy Of Your Driving License)
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate)
How To Apply For International Driving License In Pune
How To Get An International Driving Permit In India? (Offline)
- Visit Your City’s RTO (Regionnal Transport Office).
- Take A Form 4A (Application For IDP).
- Fill Up The Form Correctly.
- Attach All The Self Attested Copies Of Your Documents To The Application.
- Submit The Form To Your RTO.
- Now, Pay Your Fees (1000-1100 Rupees) In The License Department At The RTO.
- Now Wait For Maximum 1 Week.
- Within A Week, You Can Collect Your IDP From Your RTO.
Documents Required For International Driving License In India (OFFLINE)
- Form 4A
- Form 1A – Medical Certificate
- Your Permanent Driving License- Copy
- Your Address Proof- Copy
- Proof Of Your Indian Citizenship
- Proper Visa
- Your Flight Ticket
- Your Passport
- Adhaar Card (Optional)
- Pan Card (Optional)
- 5-10 Passport Size Photos
These are the documents needed for an international driving permit in India.
How To Change Address In Driving License Pune India?
Well, sometimes we put wrong information while filling the driving license application online or offline. Sometimes, name, mobile number, or sometimes Address.
If you want to change the address in your driving license, you can simply do that by following the below steps.
The Three Stages for Changing the Address In Driving Licence.
- Fill The Address Change Application
- Upload The Documents
- Pay The Fees
Fill The Driving Licence Address Change Application On Sarathi
- Parivahan Seva Portal
- Click On Licence Related Services
- Select Your Region Or State
- Select Your City And A City Code
- Homepage Of Sarathi Parivahan Online Portal
- Click On The APPLY FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS Button
- Instructions For Application Submission Of Change Of Address In Driving Licence
- Enter Your Driving Licence Number And Date Of Birth Carefully
- See Your Driving Licence Details
- Submit Request To The RTO Office
- Get All Further Details And Click On The CONFIRM Button
- Tick The Option Named CHANGE OF ADDRESS IN DRIVING LICENCE
- Enter Your New Address For Driving Licence
- Enter CAPTCHA And Submit The Application
- Get Your Acknowledgement Slip Of Change Of Address In Driving Licence
The FAQs For Apply Online For Driving License
Can I Get an Online Driving Licence At 17 In India?
In India, you can obtain a driving license only if you are eighteen or eighteen plus. At the age of seventeen you can apply for a learning license only. and that too only for Non-Gear Motor Vehicles.
According to the MV Rules, if you are 18+ you can drive any vehicle that features Gear-Box. Motorcycles such as Hero Splendor, Honda CB Shine, Bajaj Avenger, Royal Enfield are a few of those vehicles that you can drive.
At the age of 17, You can only drive ‘Non-Gear Motor Cycles’ such as Suzuki Access 125, Honda Activa, Sooty Pep+, and others. And to drive these vehicles on any road in India, you need to apply for a learning license online or offline.
So, unfortunately, you can’t get a permanent driving license at 17 in India.
How Can I Apply For DL Offline?
To apply for a driving license offline, you need to visit your nearest RTO (Regional Transport Office). After that just grab an application form for a driving license from there.
Now fill-up the form properly with your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Blood Group, Qualification, etc. Now attach the copies of your proper documents along with the application form for the driving license. Documents like Age Proof, Address Proof, Aadhar Card, School Leaving Certificate, etc.
Now submit this application form to the RTO officials. After that go to the correct guided window in the RTO and Pay your proper fees for your driving license. The fees may fluctuate in different states.
After that make an appointment for the driving license test according to your schedule. Carry all the papers carefully with you.
Now, wait for your appointment date. On the appointment date, again visit the RTO, give a simple driving license test there. Once you will pass the test, you will receive your valid driving license at your doorstep in a few business days.
If you are not able to receive your license, you will need to visit your post office and pick up your courier from there.
So this was the process for applying for a driving license offline.
Also, you can hire an RTO agent for this work, but those RTO agents will charge you a huge for this. You should do your work on your own and save some bucks.
By the way, I would suggest you apply for driving license online. it is an easier and money-saving process.
How Many Days It Will Take To Get Licence After Test?
After the driving license test, you will have to wait at least 7 business days to get a driving license at your doorstep. This time span can be extended for more than 7 days if required.
But the estimated time for getting a driving license by courier is 7 business days. And this is only for Maharashtra state. This time may vary in different-different states in India.
But basically, you will need to wait at least a week for getting your new driving license after passing the driving license test.
Who Issues The Online Driving Licence In India?
The driving license in India is issued by the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) or Regional Transport Office (RTO) in various states of India.
According to the Motor Vehicle Act, the MoRTH (Ministry Of Road Transport And Highways) takes care of the rules and regulations that have been enforced in the country.
What Should Be The Age To Obtain a Driving Licence?
As I have mentioned above, to apply for driving licence online, you have to be 18 or over 18. These are the rules of the government of India.
If you wish to get a driving license for any Motor Cycle Without Gear (Non-Transport), you have to be 16 or over 16. But for this, you will get a learning driving license.
If you wish to get a driving license for any Motor Cycle With Gear (Non-Transport), you have to be 18 or over 18. If you are, you can easily get a new driving license in India.
If you wish to get a driving license for any Four Wheeler Commercial Vehicle (Non-Transport, and Transport Both), you have to be 18+. Plus you should have completed your education till at least 8th standard.
Can I Take My Driving Licence Anywhere In India?
Well, you can take your driving license anywhere in India, but the condition is that you should not be misusing your driving license in India. Do not share your driving license with another person who is not holding any license to drive a vehicle on the roads of India.
If you are genuinely and correctly (According To The Law) using your driving license anywhere around India, you are totally allowed to do that.
For example: If you travel to any other city away from your hometown. after reaching that place, suppose you have to travel by bike by riding on your own.
so in this situation with the help of your existing driving license, you can easily drive that particular vehicle in that city without any fear of infringing the regulations.
What Is The Cost Of Driving Licence Online In India?
Well, for issuing a new driving licence in India, you will be charged– 200 /- rupees only (For Motor Cycle With Gear). but these are the fees only for the application for a driving license.
You have to pay the driving license test fees also which is– 300 /- rupees only (For Motor Cycle With Gear).
You need to pay more fees further to completely obtain the driving license in your hand. If you ask what is the total amount of driving license fees, it is–
766 /- rupees Only.
Well, this amount is for Maharashtra. The fee amount may be different from various states in India.
Can I Have 2 Driving Licenses in India?
The answer to this question is a little bit tricky. because some legal advisers think that you cannot carry multiple driving licenses with you, and on the other hand, some legal advisors say you can do that.
Some say it is illegal to carry more than one driving license with you. If you found having them, you can be hugely penalized by traffic officials.
And some say, it is not illegal to have multiple driving licenses with you, but it will be only provided to you if your requirement will be met with MV Laws.
You can have multiple driving licenses in only some rare and special circumstances, provided you are not misusing those licenses in any illegal activities.
Is Learning Licence Compulsory In India?
Obtaining a learning license before the driving license is as compulsory as putting ‘Cheese On The Pizza’ ; ) right?
As I say, you can drive any vehicle you want in every state of India, provided you are having a dedicated driving license for that vehicle. But according to the Motor Vehicle Rules 1988, you must carry a learning license before getting a new driving license in India online.
This means that you have to apply for a learning license first then you can apply for a driving license for any vehicle in India. Now I hope you got all the points.
What Is Driving License Slot Booking?
Slot Booking is also called appointment booking, which one takes for an RTO exam. This appointment is basically taken for a driving test conducted by Regional Transport Office for obtaining a valid driving license or learning license in India.
This process is one of the three stages of the driving license online application process. It is the third and final step of the Online DL Application.
Now, Finally, let’s go to our Conclusion
So, in this article, I have covered so many Important questions regarding driving license in India. we discussed the correct age for driving license, categories of driving license, the process of getting a driver’s license in India.
Plus, I have shared the process of how to apply online for driving license renewal. and documents for renewal online. I hope all the questions related to driver’s license is been solved by reading this full article.
If not, please do not hesitate to contact us. I would definitely try to include that query in the article.
Now it’s time for your feedback about this article. the comment box below is 24 hours open. Please do comment on your favorite part of this article.
Or if you have any queries, please drop a comment below right here. I will respond to you soon.
The Apply Online For Driving License’s Website is only to help the people. If you want to help us, you only have to do one thing.
Just simply spread this website to your loved ones, your friends, your colleagues, etc. this will help us build and grow a nice and big community.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS WONDERFUL eBOOK
In the end, I would just say…
Thank You For Reading This Article
Apply Online For Driving License In India – Full Method